Translate

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Onion Bread


Well, I always wanted to bake bread, but I was kind of scared. Marie baked herbal bread the other day and when I saw the result, I told to myself, that I shouldn't be scared at all:) it's just bread and either you succeed and eat it or not. I woke up yesterday morning, thinking of BREAD :) I went on the internet and found one of my favourites, onion bread. I baked it within 1 and half hours. Totally exciting! It was delicious and from now on, I'll be baking at least twice a month!

1 comment:

  1. It was the first time I baked bread, so if I eventually come up with some useful tips, I will definetely let you all know! PS: if you know about any tips about onion bread, I will be happy to hear about them:)) Thank you!

    Ingredients:
    250 ml lukewarm water
    ½ tsp vinegar
    ¼ tsp salt
    ½ tsp sugar
    1 big onion (fried on olive oil)
    500 g plain flour
    10 g dried yeast
    1 egg + little bit of water (for brushing)

    Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients. Fry onion until golden brown and add to the mixture. Add the lukewarm water. Dust the work surface with a little flour, knead the dough for 5 – 10 minutes, or until smooth and springs back when pressed lightly. Shape into a ball and place in a large bowl. Cover with tea towel and leave in a warm place for 30 – 45 minutes, or until doubled in size. Dust the baking tray with plain flour and place the dough on it. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, then brush the egg over the loaf to glaze and bake for further 30 – 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!