Translate

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Carrot Muffins with Lime Frosting


When my friends called me last year, that they would come to visit me, I wanted to bake something for them. But because they had called me an hour before they came, there was no time to waste so I had to use what I had at home. I was suppose to use fruit and other sfuff, but I didn't have it so I grated a few carrots, added some pumpkin seeds, walnuts and grated coconut. It came out as a nice and fluffy cake. When my friend Dominika turned 22 last wednesday, I had an idea that I could make "birthday muffins" for her. I also decided to make nice frosting. So I made one with lime, cream cheese and icing sugar. And this is the result :)

1 comment:

  1. Ingredients: ( 10 muffins)
    125g butter
    1 cup caster sugar
    2 cups plain flour
    ¾ cup milk
    1 egg
    1 ½ tsp baking powder
    3 grated carrots
    ½ cup pumpkin seeds
    ½ cup grated coconut
    ½ cup walnuts

    Frosting:
    1 packet Philadelphia (or any other cream cheese)
    Juice of 2 limes
    ½ cup icing sugar
    Mix them all in a separate bowl. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes.

    Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a 12-hole American-style muffin tin with paper cases and set aside. Whip the eggs and sugar until white and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients varied with the milk and the butter. Add the carrots, seeds, coconut and walnuts. Mix together lightly to make a lumpy batter. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling each case three-quarters full. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until well risen and a fine skewer inserted in to the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread the frosting over the muffins with a knife.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!