Translate

Monday, March 1, 2010

Cumin and Onion Bread


Well, as I said, I will bake bread at least twice a month. And so I did. I was invited to my friend's new apartment for dinner and I knew she would cook a lot, but I also knew she likes bread as much as I do, so I offered her that I would bake bread to have something to nibble on while we waited for our dinner to be ready. I also prepared creamy garlic spread which was a delicious combination with both Cumin and Onion bread. PS: don't eat garlic spread if you are going out the same day.

3 comments:

  1. Ingredients:
    1 ½ tsp salt
    2 tbsp ground cumin
    2 cups grated cheese
    1 tbsp sesame seeds
    1 tbsp vinegar
    1 tbsp sunflower seeds
    1 ½ dried yeast
    2 tbsp oil
    315ml lukewarm water
    1 tsp granulated sugar
    200g wholemeal flour

    Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients. Add the lukewarm water, cheese, vinegar, oil. Dust the work surface with a little flour, knead the dough for 5 – 10 minutes, or until smooth and springs back when pressed lightly. Shape into a ball and place in a large bowl. Cover with tea towel and leave in a warm place for 30 – 45 minutes, or until doubled in size. Dust the baking tray with plain flour and place the dough on it. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, then brush water over the loaf to glaze (and sprinkle with sesame seeds) and bake for further 30 – 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very very belated Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!