Translate

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lemon Pie


Hello everybody. I wanted to cook something new for Easter last week, but it never happened. I promise that I will come up with something very soon. Instead I baked this lovely lemon pie, last friday. I can't count how many times I've made it since I moved to Dublin, but I must say that I LOVE it and it's very very simple to make :) Almost all my friends who tasted it told me, that it was one of the best lemon pies they had. I found the recipe in my favourite cooking book. The recipe says that I should use limes, but I find it too sweet so I replaced the limes with lemons instead. If you like refreshing taste of lemons, you should give it a shot :)

1 comment:

  1. For the crust:
    100g butter
    225g digestive biscuits, crushed

    For the filling:
    5 limes, plus 1 extra, cut into thin slices, to decorate
    3 large egg yolks
    400g can condensed milk

    Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the digestive biscuit crumbs and stir until well combined. Remove from the heat and tip the mixture into the flan tin, then use the base of a metal spoon to press it evenly and firmly all over the base and sides of the tin. Place on a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, grate the zest of 3 of the limes into a bowl. Juice all 5 of the limes, and set aside. Place the egg yolks into the bowl with the lime zest, and whisk until the egg has thickened. Pour in the condensed milk and continue whisking for 5 minutes if using an electric whisk, or for 6-7 minutes if whisking by hand. Add the lime juice, and whis again until it is incorporated. Pour the mixture ito the tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it is set. Remove the pie from the oven and leave it to cool completely. Serve the pie decorated with the lime slices.
    Good with pouring cream.

    Ps: I used 4 lemons instead of 5 limes :)) Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!