Translate

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart


Well, I got a "bit" stressed while baking this one. First, I thought I wouldn't have enough of this blueberry tart for all my guests last weekend, so I decided to double all the ingredients. It seemed weird, I FORGOT TO ADD THE YOLKS into the dough, and then I realised that I hadn't bought enough blueberries.I started whisking the eggs with sugar and added the rest of the needed items, it looked WRONG! I panicked! I nearly threw it all away to the rubbish bin. Then I said to myself: "just carry on, read the recipe and you'll see", well it ended up well, but to all of you who can't do more than 2 things in the same time, like me, READ THE RECIPE and CONCETRATE only on the tart , there will be enough for more than 8 people and even though it doesn't look as you think it should, IT DOES!

2 comments:

  1. Ingredients: (makes 8 slices)

    For the pastry:
    175g plain flour
    85g butter, diced
    2tbsp caster sugar
    1 egg yolk

    For the filling:
    115g cream cheese
    60g soured cream (I used crème fraiche)
    60g caster sugar
    pinch of grated nutmeg
    3 eggs, beaten
    zest of 1 lemon
    350g blueberries (I only used 250g)
    Icing sugar, to serve

    Place the flour, butter, and sugar in a food processor, and pulse until it resembles breadcrumbs. Or, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar. Add the egg yolk and mix to a firm dough. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line the flan tin. Prick the base with a fork. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes, or until pale golden (I did it without the baking beans and greaseproof paper, since I didn’t have any of those and it worked too). Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180 degrees. Beat together the cream cheese, soured cream, sugar, nutmeg, eggs, and lemon zest until well combined. Pour into the pastry case and scatter the blueberries over the surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until just set. Allow to cool before transferring to a serving plate. Serve warm or cold, dusted with icing sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How SIMPLE! I guess it wasn't a great day for me to bake!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!