Translate

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spaghetti Alla Carbonara


Italian classic! Spaghetti Alla Carbonara is one of the most famous Italian dishes. It’s actually very easy to make and the combination of bacon and cream will satisfy your taste buds. One evening I decided to make nice dinner and as usually I didn’t have everything I needed, so I improvised. I used ordinary bacon and the result was delish. I’m sure that using pancetta would be much tastier, but it worked for me and my guests. Don’t forget that using good cheese will make a huge difference.

2 comments:

  1. Ingredients:

    8 oz (225 g) dried spaghetti
    5 oz (150 g) sliced smoked pancetta or bacon
    2 large eggs, plus 2 extra yolks
    4 tablespoons Pecorino Romano, finely grated, plus extra to serve/ I used Parmazano
    4 tablespoons double cream
    a little bit of olive oil and black pepper

    Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Meanwhile fry the bacon/pancetta on a frying pan without any oil until crisp and golden. Then, very IMPORTANT, whisk the eggs, yolks and cream in a bowl and season generously with black pepper then whisk in the cheese. When the pasta is cooked, drain it quickly in a colander, leaving a little of the moisture still clinging. Now quickly return it to the saucepan and add the bacon/pancetta and any oil in the pan, along with the egg and cream mixture. Stir very thoroughly, so that everything gets covered. And then you can serve it with some lovely wine, hmmmmm. It's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll never ruin it with some freshly chopped parsley :)and what's also good is if you add some white wine (1/3 cup) after you've fried your bacon/pancetta...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!