Translate

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dinner Party

Saturday morning started a bit wrong! I woke up early, because I had to bake Lemon Drizzle Cake that I wanted to serve later in the evening. I am still not used to the oven and I burned the top of the cake a little bit. After lowering the temperature and placing the cake on a lower level in the oven, it turned out to be quite ok, not as perfect as it was the last time, but ok.





Then I started making traditional Swedish cheese pie, which I thought would turn out beautiful, since I have been baking similar pies over a year, but I didn’t know, that I was supposed to put at least 3 times more cheese than was used in the recipe. When I saw the reaction of the Swedish pie expert who tasted it later in the evening, I realized that something wasn’t right. LACK OF CHEESE! Well, we all learn from our mistakes. At the end it was a lovely party and I learned something new again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here!