Translate

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lemon Polenta Cake


When my friend Sabina suggested that we could bake a polenta cake together, I got very excited. I never ate such a cake before. We used a lovely recipe from the internet changing a few things. About a month later I was invited to dinner at my friend's and I wanted to make this polenta cake. So I did. On my way to theirs I met Sabina in town. I thought it was kinda funny to meet her in the city centre of Dublin, carrying the polenta cake in my bag :) You should bake it, it's absolutely beautiful and different!

2 comments:

  1. Ingredients:
    250g butter , softened
    250g caster sugar or 250g brown sugar
    3 eggs
    100g polenta
    250g ground almonds or 200g ground almonds and 50g ground hazelnut
    1 tsp baking powder
    3 lemons (3 zested, 2 juiced)

    Heat the oven to 160C.. Butter and base line a 23cm springform tin. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and beat between each addition. Fold in the polenta, almonds (hazelnuts) and baking powder. Mix in the lemon zest and juice.
    Bake for about 50 minutes-1 hour until the cake is risen and golden (cover the top of the cake loosely with foil after 30 minutes to stop it browning too much).
    Let it cool a bit and serve with whipped cream or ice-cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are using brown sugar, it won't be as yellow as in the picture, but it's amazing anyway :) I used regular caster sugar when making this one.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!