Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A good couple of days

I felt like I deserved to be pampered last Friday after work so I went to Peter Mark to have my hair cut. The moment I got there I was being spoiled by the lovely staff working there. I got a relaxing head massage and a cup of coffee. When Judy the hairdresser that looked after me introduced herself we clicked instantly!! Such a cool lady. I told her that I had been disappointed with most hairdressers I had gone to. She didn't like that! She listened to me and tried a few things before she started cutting my hair. Well, this was the first time I had so much fun at a hair salon and was very satisfied with my haircut. Thumbs up Peter Mark and especially Judy!



My fresh haircut!

This bit was a challenge for Judy!




Later in the evening our friend and a fantastic fashion blogger Rena paid us a visit. We hadn't seen each other in more than a year!! I decided to make some juicy steaks and so I did. I had a bit of a dilemma with the side dish though. I once tasted Dauphinoise Potatoes at Wild Goose Grill in Ranelagh (Dublin) and I nearly died. It was so damn good. I thought about it for a second and then decided to try to make it with our steak. I sliced the potatoes with potato peeler (really thin) and layered them with garlic & butter, parmesan cheese, cream and salt & pepper. It was a perfect side dish to the steak, even though the preparation took ages so we had to eat really late. I made some baked mushrooms with garlic, steamed asparagus and pink pepper sause.


This is me preparing the mushrooms!


Rib eye steak!


We had a few drinks too. Well, maybe too many drinks in fact. There was some dancing, singing, photo taking and also hair styling. After a while we went to town and partied for the rest of the night. I had an awful hangover the next day and I did not envy Rena that she had to go to work in the morning.


Posing!!!

After spending most of the day in bed and eating Thai takeaway, I had to get up and went out with the lovely girls from work. We went to this cool Rainforest Adventrue Golf centre in Dundrum (Dublin) and played mini golf surrounded by sounds of thunderstorm, monkeys and other creatures. It was really funny! We had some ice cream later on and went for some pints. Again!! I can only say that I had a brilliant weekend, but I am still recovering!


I just love this sign!!!

2 comments:

  1. This post is so cute!!! I only just round to seeing it properly now - that night was so much fun babe, thank you so much for having me. I didnt see you cutting the potatoes with a peeler - ur such a pro! THAT was how me and Stefan ended up so crunk haha!

    Check out my post about the fashion show at House of Fraser yesterday! Looking forward to getting some pics so I can do the *o god I had to go to work the next day* version!

    http://electricdress.blogspot.com/2012/03/dublin-house-of-fraser-ss2012-fashion.html

    Rena xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can check this website if you are interested in a recipe for the amazing potatoes :) http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/dauphinoisepotatoes_90205

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here!