Translate

Monday, April 9, 2012

Whip me!

I just got back home from work. What a day! It was so busy today, sold many expensive shoes for kids. Crazy! Today is Easter Monday and we have this tradition back home in the Czech Republic. You should go carolling on Easter Monday and symbolically whip girls (using pomlázka) on the legs and possibly douse them with water (the symbolic meaning is to chase away illness and bad spirits and to bring health and youth for the rest of the year to everyone who is whipped) but the reality is rather different.

Pomlázka - "the whip"

Guys usually whip the girls so hard that it leaves marks on their legs for weeks, then they splash buckets of ice cold water so they are completely drenched, use about half a bottle of the cheapest perfume they can find and on top of that they ask for some shots or Easter eggs. If I was a girl, I wouldn’t even bother opening the door!!! By 11am you can see loads of guys (of all ages) drunk walking in the streets everywhere you look.

Enough about Easter now! I got my haircut yesterday...yeah again. My hair grows so fast! This time I asked my boyfriend to cut it for me. It turned out quite nice, except for the shaved 10cm long line at the back of my head! I can't wait to return the favour to him, hahahaha.

Isn't curly fabulous?! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou very much! Yes I made the header myself, it was a bit of fun really. And no the gif's are really easy, almost too simple on picasion.com :) It can be done alot better on photoshop too though I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I will have to try it myself some day ;)

      Delete

Please comment here!