Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Burn that fat!

I can’t believe that it’s been over 2 months since I last went to the gym. After Malta I got sick, then I had exams, then I was sick again and then?? Then I found other excuses! I’ve always struggled with weight. Since I was 12 years old I have been on like a million diets. I think that I have tried everything. A few years ago someone gave me a book “fit for life” that’s changed my life. I am not saying that it was easy, but I lost weight, felt better and didn’t put on double of weight after a short break. I did a great job before because I changed my whole life style. But lately I have been very naughty. It was extremely tough when I ran for 3 minutes on the treadmill today, of course!  I am out of shape!!! I have been feasting like crazy in past 2 months! Today is the day I am starting with “fit for life” style!

My lunch! Instead I could have eaten properly combined sandwich ( toasted whole grain bread, butter, tomato, avocado, cucumber and lettuce).


Well, I started right after the gym this morning. I went to a local shop where I bought loads fruit and veggies that should keep me going for a while. I will try to post about what I eat and cook. Feel free to ask for whichever recipes you want and take a look at the energy ladder I copied from the book. Fingers crossed, it’s summer after all!


 

The Energy Ladder:

A.M.

- fresh fruit and fruit juices, fresh vegetable juices & salads, steamed vegetables, raw nuts, seeds

P.M.

- grains, breads, potatoes, legumes, meat (chicken, fish), dairy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here!