Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stuffed Chicken Breast

I once read that tarragon goes extremely well with chicken. I made a mix of cooled cooked chicken, tarragon and mayonnaise a couple of years ago that I served as a starter on a slice of toasted bread and it was absolutely fabulous. There is something strange about the taste of tarragon that I love. I have also made a delicious marinade for barbecues several times, using freshly chopped tarragon leaves, chopped garlic, salt and a pint of lager. I let the chicken breasts swim in the marinade over night (in a bowl and in the fridge) and the day after I grilled them for a few minutes. That was just amazing! So today I decided to make a nice chicken & tarragon dinner. I have never cooked this meal before, but that’s what I really like, trying out new things. Have a look at the photos and the recipe, try it and see. Let me know if you cooked it and what you thought.

  Heat the oven to 200°C. To make tarragon mix, put chopped tarragon leaves & chopped garlic into a ramekin, drizzle with olive oil, and mix well with a spoon until combined. Use some salt if desired.

    Make a slit down 1 side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Season. Stuff each pocket with a little bit of cranberry cheese, about 3 – 4 mushroom slices and 1tsp of tarragon mix. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking tray and cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through.

Serve with some nice light salad and enjoy!
 
Tarragon Mix:
Fistful of fresh tarragon leaves
1tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of chopped garlic
Salt

Chicken Breast:
4 chicken breasts
30g cranberry cheese
4 sliced mushrooms
Salt
Toothpicks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here!